Healthy Recipe Resource: Pumpkin-Pecan Granola
October 28, 2021
This granola makes for a nutritious and delicious breakfast, or a hearty snack for the fall season.
This recipe is provided by the dietitians at Ascension St. Vincent’s Ministry in Birmingham, Alabama.
Makes about 18 servings (about a ¼ cup per serving)
Ingredients for cupcakes
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1-¼ cups pecan halves
⅓ cup raw, unsalted pepitas (pumpkinseed kernels)
¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
¼ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup canned pumpkin puree
¼ cup canola oil
¼ cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large rimmed baking sheets
Measuring cups and spoons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine oats, pecans, pepitas, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine pumpkin puree, oil, maple syrup and vanilla in a saucepan, and cook, stirring constantly with a whisk, until smooth.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over oat mixture, stirring well to coat. Spread evenly on 2 large rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes, stirring and rotating pans after 12 minutes, or until toasted.
- Let cool completely on baking sheets. (Granola will get crunchier as it cools.) Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Nutrition (per serving, about a ¼ cup per serving)
11 grams or 0.38 oz. total fat;
1 gram or 0.04 oz. saturated fat;
3 grams or 0.11 oz. protein;
14 grams or 0.5 oz. carbohydrate;
2 grams or 0.07 oz. fiber;
35 mg sodium